mercredi 6 mai 2015

Happy Friday!

I had every intention of coming back here and posting every day, but it was a rough week! After my bout of pneumonia, I've been a lot weaker and tire very easily. I just don't feel 100% back to myself. Just walking up one flight of stairs at work took everything out of me. Each day I get a little better, so I'm definitely one the mend, but it took a lot more out of me than I realized.

I was off work yesterday and today on planned vacation time. I'm not really on a vacation (I wish!). Yesterday was my company's annual awards banquet where there honor a small number of employees nominated by their peers as outstanding, exceptional employees. My best friend of 20+ years was one of the thirteen people that received the Legend award (from a company of 13,000 employees). I was invited as one of her guests so had the pleasure of an evening at the Four Seasons in downtown Seattle (fancy!). It was very fun, and I was super excited for her. She's an amazing person in general, and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. Of course, it wore me out to the point where I collapsed in bed when I got home at 11pm.

My diet and exercise hasn't been great this week. Mainly because I've just been too tired to care. Just getting through the day is my ultimate goal. I haven't been bad, just not as conscientious as I need to be in order to lose weight.

My weigh-in at Weight Watchers on Monday was great due to being so sick. They even asked me if I'd been sick when they saw my weight loss for the week of 6.8 pounds. I didn't tell them that I was actually down 10 pounds a couple days before but my appetite came back last week. They gave me my 5% charm, for my total loss of 12.4 pounds. I'm sure not winning any races this time around. But it's not a race, it's my life.

I have my annual physical today with my new doctor. I'm not thrilled about this doctor but the choices were rather limited. She just finished her residency last year, and I'm pretty sure she's not even 30. Everyone keeps telling me that's good because she's up to date on the latest treatments and technology. I've already had one encounter with her I didn't like. After waiting for my appointment with her for a month, the soonest she had an opening, she canceled on me for "personal" reasons. Okay, I accept things happen, but I had to wait another five weeks to get another appointment.

This is the thing that really bugged me about this new doctor. I did blood work and she sent me an email that said my numbers were all normal. I looked at them online and disagreed. My fasting glucose was 119. Even I know that's really high. They had also labeled the test "Random Glucose". I emailed her back and told her that wasn't a "random" test, that I had fasted as instructed. I told her I wanted an A1c test. She emailed me back and said I was right, if fasting then it was high and ordered a hemoglobin A1c test. I had the A1c test done, and it came back like this on the results: 6.2 (High). This is pre-diabetic, which is very, very bad. I expected this since I had been on a big sugar, eat whatever I wanted binge for months. I'll be sixty in a couple months. I know you can get away with bad behavior when you're young, but once the age thing catches up to you, you lose your free pass to good health. Now I have to get serious, no excuses!

Today it's back on the high road for me. Tracking food, making good choices, and I think a nice, slow walk is on the schedule too. The sun is out, and it's a beautiful day. Life is good.






Jhonson Diet [Top 10] => http://ift.tt/1iuhOeN

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates